Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for getting funding/sponsors for a club.
Phil
This will be discussed internally at Hamilton
Quote:Entries for which closed automatically when the 5Oth team of 4 entered
Impressive. Whats the secret?
well said Andy =)
amuir Wrote:Phil
This will be discussed internally at Hamilton

Andy,

At the 2012 Hamilton club agm this was discussed - including the final report that went back to the funding body. Grants of this type may or may not be on the agenda for the 2014 agm.

The agm will be of course open to all Hamilton club members including any who paid their membership only the night before.
Phil,

Can you just clarify something for me here. I was under the impression that the lottery grant was awarded directly to Hamilton chess club for the purposes of junior development.

You said " The money was routed via Hamilton Chess club". Can you explain the basics of where this money was rerouted to, who is accountable for it and roughly what it was spent on?

Thanks

Robin.
Jonathan Livingstone Wrote:I'm looking into this, and have identified a few local (large size) businesses. I was thinking of sending off some letters.

Has anyone had any success with persuading local employers and business to invest in their local community chess/clubs? Any advice from others experience is appreciated as am not quite sure how to approach this as yet.

Returning thread back onto topic.

Jonathan you should approach, for advice, one of the 3 volunteer bodies with a constitutional requirement to promote chess nationally. These bodies are
(a) Chess Scotland - through either the president or the treasurer.
(b) SJCAET - Contact details on front page of Chess Scotland
© SJC

To simplify matters for you I will state SJC's position. The SJC /CAS organisation is fully funded through entry fees paid at tournaments. As an organisation we have no experience of applying for grants to share.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lottery.culture.gov.uk/GrantDetails.aspx?ID=AFS%2f1%2f010425275&DBID=BL">http://www.lottery.culture.gov.uk/Grant ... 75&DBID=BL</a><!-- m -->

Jonathan,

Above is a link to the Hamilton Chess Club award from the Government's Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Perhaps your club and others may wish to apply as £5,370 is a considerable sum of money for local juniors.

Hopefully, As Phil appears to have forgotten where the money was rerouted and spent, some other members from Hamilton may wish to enlighten me on what exactly the money was spent on to help young players.
robin moore Wrote:http://www.lottery.culture.gov.uk/GrantD...75&DBID=BL

Jonathan,

Above is a link to the Hamilton Chess Club award from the Government's Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Perhaps your club and others may wish to apply as £5,370 is a considerable sum of money for local juniors.

Hopefully, As Phil appears to have forgotten where the money was rerouted and spent, some other members from Hamilton may wish to enlighten me on what exactly the money was spent on to help young players.

Jonathon,

as is well know in Lanarkshire I was not a member of Hamilton Chess club at the time of the 2012 agm when this grant was discussed. Therefore the fine details are not something that I have forgotten. The fine details are actually none of my business.

However, I have no hesitation in congratulating Hamilton club in public for acquiring this grant and for spending it for the benefit of junior chess in Lanarkshire.
Phil,

Now I am really puzzled.

You say you were not a member of Hamilton chess club when this grant was awarded (in 2012) but you seem to know where it was allocated to in fair detail (page one of this thread). Is that correct?

I was hoping your fellow Hamilton players could post on here and explain where the grant for young players was allocated to and accounted for.
robin moore Wrote:Phil,

Now I am really puzzled.

You say you were not a member of Hamilton chess club when this grant was awarded (in 2012) but you seem to know where it was allocated to in fair detail (page one of this thread). Is that correct?

I was hoping your fellow Hamilton players could post on here and explain where the grant for young players was allocated to and accounted for.

Be puzzled then
By all means have hope
Me, I have no further comment to make.I have more important and intellectually stimulating things to do rather than prolong this charade of a thread.

Jonathon,
I suggest that you read the whole of this thread intelligently, extract the information of use to you and seek detailed advice from those who can give you real assistance.