Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL 27th Oct 2013
I have to feel for the 'ordinary' teams in Div 4 as they have 2 top Glasgow teams
to contend with.
P Griffin Wrote:I have to feel for the 'ordinary' teams in Div 4 as they have 2 top Glasgow teams
to contend with.
The only two Glasgow League teams in div. 4 are Stepps and Hamilton B. If you mean Thistles, then, while I'm flattered that you think of us as a 'top' team, I should point out that we have players from three different clubs in our squad, one of whom has not yet played, and one of whom has no connection with the GL. We are not a club side.
Ian, I meant no criticism of Stepps or your team, new teams have to start at the bottom, I
can remember Strathclyde University playing in Glasgow Div 6 with a team that went on
to win Div 1 , more recently Paisley have just done the same from Div 4. I just feel sorry
for small club teams whose desire for promotion is really dashed before a match is played.
P Griffin Wrote:Ian, I meant no criticism of Stepps or your team, new teams have to start at the bottom, I
can remember Strathclyde University playing in Glasgow Div 6 with a team that went on
to win Div 1 , more recently Paisley have just done the same from Div 4. I just feel sorry
for small club teams whose desire for promotion is really dashed before a match is played.
No criticism taken! =) As you say, we all gotta start somewhere. As for desires for promotion being dashed, I've always seen lower v higher rated clashes as an opportunity for the lower rated player/team to show what they can do. The rd 1 & 2 scorelines might suggest an easy ride for the higher-rated sides; that was not the case!
I Marks Wrote:The rd 1 & 2 scorelines might suggest an easy ride for the higher-rated sides; that was not the case!
From personal experience, I can absolutely concur with Ian! The final results from most of the Stepps games do not reflect how difficult and close some of the games were!

Is it only one team who can be promoted per division..?
Two promotions and two relegations per division.