Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacIsaac and Nancy Elder
These tournaments have struggled for interest of late which is a shame. It is clearly a time to revitalise them but how that can be done is a bit of a conundrum. There is at least one new idea under consideration but if there are any ideas that can go into the mix please let me know.

Do you qualify for one or the other (MacIsaac = club champion or substitute graded 1850 or more, Nancy Elder = under 1850 (1775 for juniors)) but won't take up your entitlement? If not, why not? What would encourage you to to take part?

Any thoughts?
Keith Rose
Keith,
I intend to defend the Elder Trophy this season
Best Wishes
Stephen Hilton
Excellent news Steve, thank you. Now, who wants to deny Steve his fifth win in this prestigious event. And, perhaps more importantly, what format would tempt the waverers? Is the problem distance? Cost/bother of a venue? Something else?

Discuss and we can find a solution.
As East Kilbride club champion, I would like to enter the MacIsaac.

Kind Regards,
Alan Jelfs
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Keith,
Any format would suit me and I am happy to travel. I did go to Dundee for the final Big Grin
Thank you Alan, duly noted, though Dick Heathwood will soon be contacting clubs about entries for CS tournaments. If anyone else wants to pre-empt Dick then do please let me know.

Steve - you did indeed travel to Dundee, played against my clubmate Lisa. The problem though, is only the two of you took part. It's not at all clear why there is so little interest, so the question remains - what do (the rest of) people want?
Perhaps incorporating both competitions into a individual national league may be a solution. MacIsaac and Nancy Elder could be the two top sections.
I am neither the club champion and am graded under 1700 . I'll play in any tournament that will have me I'll also ask the Lanark club champion if he'll play in the macisaac. I think the more bodies we can get the better Big Grin
I agree with Ian, the more the merrier. Given the numbers in recent years perhaps the events should be opened up to all and the restrictions lifted.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
Quote:I agree with Ian, the more the merrier. Given the numbers in recent years perhaps the events should be opened up to all and the restrictions lifted

David - you may be more prescient you might have thought. Watch on.