Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Protection query
Patrick McGovern Wrote:that's a great idea Andy =) I hope Phil gets his membership and comes along with us

All,
I won’t be attending the agm in any capacity. Instead I will be in England starting the processes necessary to get myself back onto the list of ECF disclosed arbiters.

You may recall this posting by Pat McGovern on Thursday 11th July about my disclosure status.

*******************************************************************************************************************
“However in order to keep yourself "legal" might I suggest that you check it out? It may save possible embarrassment at future events”
********************************************************************************************************************

Pat wondered recently why I think its “all about me” well that comment above definitely was. There was no apparent need to discuss my PVG status on the notice board. The ECF, then and now, accept that my PVG certificate is valid for their child protection purposes.

As a result of that thread the ECF were contacted by a notice board member (I am 90% certain who it was - based upon my discussions with the ECF). The ECF decided to remove me from their list of arbiters because (many months earlier) my appointment to that list had not been formally rubber stamped by the ECF board.

Curious to note that at 8.36 on the morning following my removal from the ECF list, Pat noticed that I was not on the list and informed notice board readers of that fact. Was Pat expecting me to be removed? or was this a coincidence? Or is he tracking me with a dedication to the task that one normally admires only in the grazing of sheep and never in a cyber stalker?

From private e mails flying around in the background at present it is clear that Chess Scotland feel unable to reveal the name of the individual who admitted an assault upon a junior international – That assault is not a mere rumour - for confirmation that there was an assault see the Standards Committee publication dated April 30th and the minutes of the recent council meeting or talk to those present at the council meeting they know far more than appears in the minutes.

The harassment of me by Pat McGovern in the PVG thread can leave readers with the impression that I was the guilty official. This is unfortunate and most readers will find it hard to believe that this would have been Pat’s intention. However, there has been a delay in getting back onto the ECF list (the purpose of my trip South which clashes with the AGM).

In summary the PVG thread with discussions on my PVG status makes me look guilty by innuendo. I have not been abroad working for CS since Summer 2011. I am not the guilty CS official.
Quote:There was no apparent need to discuss my PVG status on the notice board.

correct Phil, but you yourself said the following.

Quote:There have been some rumblings recently about my Disclosure Status.
So for the record. My PVG status can be confirmed on line as follows.

Go to ECF website
Look up list of ECF arbiters
Find me under ‘T’
this was an open invitation, unbidden, by Phil re his status.

Quote:Was Pat expecting me to be removed? or was this a coincidence? Or is he tracking me with a dedication to the task that one normally admires only in the grazing of sheep and never in a cyber stalker?
this actually made me laugh out loud Big Grin If i were a stalker i would stalk someone more interesting and more attractive than Phil. I have a life, hopefully more interesting and more fulfilling that i would need to follow Phils inane rants. For the record the past few posts involving me and Phil have come about from Phil responding to me, not the other way about. Phil is deliberately trying to elicite responses from me. His previous rants re PVG were ignored by me as, frankly, i really dont care one way opr another about Phil's status apart from his membership of CS.
Again for the record, I was the only one to welcome Phil back when his impending membership was a possibility. I also praised Phil's contributions as a coach. I have no personal gripe against Phil, i do however object to his ill judged comments and slurs on the noticeboard. Perhaps at future congresses Phil may wish to adress matters with me, i will be only to happy to seek an amicable end to this ridiculous waste of time. I know others on this board are sick to the back teeth reading about one childish thing after another. Over and out. =|
Patrick and Phil: please put each other on your list of "foes" so that you do not see what each other writes. I think the whole forum readership are more than just a bit tired of reading your petty bickering over - largely - trivial issues.
On a less serious note Pat, "over and out" is incorrect radio phraseology. "Over" means you're finished speaking and expect a response, "out" means you're finished speaking and don't expect a response. Therefore using the two together doesn't make any sense. It's a common misconception that a lot of people have. Big Grin
Big Grin
Quote:I think the whole forum readership are more than just a bit tired of reading your petty bickering

Quote:I know others on this board are sick to the back teeth reading about one childish thing after another

I agree
If Phil and Pat want to bicker, let them. No one is forced to read it.....
Alan Tate Wrote:If Phil and Pat want to bicker, let them. No one is forced to read it.....

One small point to make here. In one paragraph I tried to be humerous. Pat tells us he LOL'D at that point - job done.

One large point to make here. The actions of posters on this notice board in debating my PVG status even though I had just made my status perfectly clear and their as yet unexplained reason in predicting "embarassment at future events" have resulted in my removal from the list of ECF arbiters. If my flagging of that fact, in the style of my choosing, comes across as bickering so be it.

If you remove the right to bicker you remove the right to free speech.
'Over and Out' is probably very appropriate for many posts here in that often the post implies a reply (over) but the poster is just ain't listening (and out).

I guess Pat and Phil will now join forces to agree on their right to bicker? Tongue
Quote:I guess Pat and Phil will now join forces to agree on their right to bicker

Can someone set up a special bulletin board for that? It can then go on for as long as they like and I won't have to see it, never mind read it.