Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PVG clearance
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to gain PVG clearance for coaching juniors? Is it possible to gain CS accreditation for coaching adults only in the meantime?

Thanks in advance,
Andy Burnett
Hi Andy
it seems to depend on the organisation that is sponsoring you It took several months for me although over the summer weeks with the schools closed it may take faster although its been known that they may be done in batches. My PVG was processed via a school not chess Scotland which reminds should I tell Chess Scotland I have PVG and if so who do I tell
The time between applying for PVG membership and receiving a certificate is variable but can be in the region of six weeks. The projected timescales are further complicated by restrictions imposed by the authorities on the number of applications they will accept from Chess Scotland each month.

The information resource (including contact details) is Chess Scotland policies

All PVG applications are processed on a strictly confidential basis.
Thanks for your help gentlemen - much appreciated =)
There have been some rumblings recently about my Disclosure Status.
So for the record. My PVG status can be confirmed on line as follows.

Go to ECF website
Look up list of ECF arbiters
Find me under ‘T’

All arbiters on that list have provided the ECF office recently with PVG certification. In the case of the ECF certificates are valid for only 3 years.
given the different legal systems between Scotland and England is the English PVG valid in Scotland Phil?
Patrick McGovern Wrote:given the different legal systems between Scotland and England is the English PVG valid in Scotland Phil?

Pat I don't know the answer to your question.

However, I can tell you from recent experience that the Scottish PVG certificate is recognised in England.
thanks Phil. However in order to keep yourself "legal" might i suggest that you check it out? It may save possible embarrassment at future events.
Reading between the lines Pat, I think Phil has a Scottish PVG and that is what the ECF accepted. Am I right Phil?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:Reading between the lines Pat, I think Phil has a Scottish PVG and that is what the ECF accepted. Am I right Phil?

Hope for the future then... I recall Phil debating with Adam Raoof a while back on either this board or the old one regarding not being listed as an ECF Arbiter. If that can be solved (as it now seems) then there is hope for a brighter future. ;P
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!