Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Scottish Chess
If it was the same email that I got, it was sent before the meeting.
I have no agenda Patrick, and will happily remove my post if the topic is dead and buried.
I thought Kevin was alluding to the same topic, for which i had no knowledge of until i received the email. I took no part in any council meeting where the topic was discussed/resolved, and had skipped over the forum topic here, so should probably not have been on the receiving end of the email which pretty much explained what is alleged to have happened.

I would suggest that the email itself is an indication that the subject matter hasn't been resolved to the complainer's satisfaction.

Or have i simply highlighted the fact that one of the parties has been stirring things?
For some reason i have no access to edit my previous post...
The email i received was on 22 June
Graham i was not suggesting you have any agenda. Au contraire, your post is very illuminating and i am glad you posted it. There appear to be others that have an agenda and this disappoints me very much. Sad
No comment.
amuir Wrote:No comment.

Post of the year... ;P
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Graham Kerr Wrote:The email i received was on 22 June

The contents of the e-mail (it seems to have gone to quite a lot of people) I think pretty much appeared in a forum post late on the Friday (21st June) night and was removed by a moderator just after midnight on the Saturday. When I checked my e-mail on the Saturday I'd received the aforementioned e-mail earlier that morning.

I think the moderator took the right action in removing the post even though it likely precipitated the resulting e-mail which has perhaps done more damage to the reputation of CS, particularly if it went to parents.

Not much I suppose can be done about it now, just pleased the various differences seem to have at least for now been resolved.
ronniewallace Wrote:
Graham Kerr Wrote:The email i received was on 22 June

The contents of the e-mail (it seems to have gone to quite a lot of people) I think pretty much appeared in a forum post late on the Friday (21st June) night and was removed by a moderator just after midnight on the Saturday. When I checked my e-mail on the Saturday I'd received the aforementioned e-mail earlier that morning.

I think the moderator took the right action in removing the post even though it likely precipitated the resulting e-mail which has perhaps done more damage to the reputation of CS, particularly if it went to parents.

Not much I suppose can be done about it now, just pleased the various differences seem to have at least for now been resolved.

Yeah Ronnie, I kinda suspected it had been sent to all those who had participated in tournaments organised by the sender, since that's the only way i can see why he would have mine. Probably a few hundred, i would imagine...
Perhaps it's time to close this topic.

Let the newly formed committee do it's work and when the report comes out then have meaningful discussions on the report.

As was said at the council meeting - it's time to move forward, we can't undo the past, only learn from it.
Sad