Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First test of equipment tonight
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/Test/tfd.htm">http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/Test/tfd.htm</a><!-- m -->

I am not going to be at the computer so this is an unattended test
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:http://www.chessscotland.com/livegames/Test/tfd.htm

I am not going to be at the computer so this is an unattended test
Seems to work
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Lost Phils game, wee glitch when I was playing. Not able to pickup the signal from the board. Will check when game is over. Daniel and Alan seem to be running fine
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Killing the feed now. has been a really good test. Learned quite a lot about this new system. Setup time has gone from hours to just under an hour (Mainly due to updates I needed to apply to the computer)
Played through games tonight at home..

This new system gives the impression that I swindled a draw from a losing position.
No change there then

Daniel game continued from the final position broadcast with Ne5 - a winning move
I isn't rxb2+ okay for black in Daniels game (must be missing something dead obvious - blame the beer)
Andy Howie Wrote:Killing the feed now. has been a really good test. Learned quite a lot about this new system. Setup time has gone from hours to just under an hour (Mainly due to updates I needed to apply to the computer)
How hard can it be ;P

I presume the actual broadcast still uses lots of little files then which is a pain?

Using pgn4web and only uploading the PGN would seem to be a good plan in my opinion
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
'fraid so Carl, Still useing all the little files.

Will be interested to see how the new system works. Hoping it is just the pgn that uploads
Mike Scott Wrote:I isn't rxb2+ okay for black in Daniels game (must be missing something dead obvious - blame the beer)

Err, there was no Black rook on a2, nor a White rook on h1.
Apparently Daniel and I "didn't exchange rooks properly", according to Andy.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
You "didn't exchange rooks properly" - I guess that's why you both appeared to leave rooks en prise for several moves.

(Who was it who wrote:
"As I was going up the stairs,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today -
I wish that he would go away!"?)

So now there's going to be a proper way to exchange pieces. What will be the penalty for an improper exchange?