Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIDE GP London
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet but there is a big event in London at the moment. The playing area is fabulous an it is quie awe inspring when I think that I am sitting where greats like Morphy and Staunton once sat and played
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Photos from today (Will update each day
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Players are playing incredibly fast this afternoon. I wonder if it is because tomorrow is a rest day
This post from Peter Smith on the ECForum:

Quote:I think it is outrageous that this event is closed to actual spectators. I traveled up to London today to see these top players only to be met by a bouncer at Simpsons barring my way and preventing attendance. Agon could have at least made this policy clear on its website, then I wouldn't have wasted £30 on a train ticket! It's all wrong anyway. They shouldn't bother bringing these players to London if you can't see them. Watching on a video link is NOT the same as attending a live event. They might as well be playing on the moon. KEEP CHESS LIVE!!

Perhaps a reason why not much is being written about it by your average chess-playing Joe?!
The clip of Giri and Adams discussing their game here is worth a watch if anyone fancies a giggle: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://london2012.fide.com/en/component/content/article/1-news-en/149-round-5-video-report">http://london2012.fide.com/en/component ... deo-report</a><!-- m -->