Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glasgow Congress - Results
Grading is in, Photos are being uploaded and I'll paste a link here when complete Photos

And the results are......

Open

1st Andrew Green (Edinburgh) 4.5/5 £300
2nd= Chuks Allor (Shettleston) & WFM Elaine Bamber (Castlehill) 4/5 £120

Grading prize
Jonathan Edwards (Edinburgh University), Murad Abdullah (Bon Accord) & Raj Bhopal (Wandering Dragons) £10

Challengers

1st= Andrew McCusker (Hamilton) & Benigno De Armentia (Glasgow Montrose) 4/5 £150

3rd= David Logue (Mussleburgh), Nihad Abdullah (Bon Accord), Donald Heron (Wandering Dragons), Graham Dempsey (Edinburgh) & Keith Aitchieson (Edinburgh) 3.5/5 £10

Grading Prize
Luke Barker (Phones) £30

Major

1st= Scott Browning (Mussleburgh), Simon Kerridge (Bearsden) & Joe Watson (Paisley) 4/5 £120

Grading Prize
Bernard Cassidy (Hamilton), Peter Clarke (Polytechnic) & Declan Shafi (Castlehill) 3/5 £10

Minor

1st Calum McGillivray (Edinburgh) 4.5/5 £200

2nd Cameron MacLeay (Strathclyde Uni) 4/5 £100

3rd= Alexander Waddell (Cathcart) & David Congalton (Greenwood) 3.5/5 £25

Grading Prize

Mark Smith (Edinburgh) 3.5/5 £30
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Entry form says to use public transport where possible. Gerry Blake has been working his magic and I have been told that we should be able to get passes for the multi storeys. Will have full details tomorrow. One is £4 per day the other £5. Will post here
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
In terms of car parking, if guests pick up car parking tickets when parking and bring them into the University, validate in the Saltire Centre ground floor any time during the day, they will receive the reduced rate when leaving the car parks.

Map of the Campus can be found here.

http://www.gcu.ac.uk/student/about/maps.html
I would just like to thank Murad Abdulla, Nihad Abdulla, Kai Pannwitz, Andrew McCusker, Declan Shafi, Liam Richmond and Leonardo Sani for the great coaching they have been giving Andrew Green. I told them all that if they persevered he would get better. He did no too bad this weekend and his coaches did pretty good too,

Robin.
While we are on the subject of thanks, I'd like to thank the following people for helping me to make this happen

Karen for being the Entry Sec, Phil Thomas, Hamish Glen, Andrew Green, Jonathan Edwards, Chris Perkin, Robin Moore and David Congalton for helping me to set up.

Nathan Goldberg and Two Person Chess for sponsoring us and the excellent launch party on Saturday Night.

The arbiters Donald, Alex and Lara who did an excellent job as usual

Dick for putting the entrants on the Chess Scotland Website

Peter and Anne Woods for bringing the bookstall

The "Wags" group for cheering me up when I was out on my feet yesterday

The players for making it a fun tournament

And finally Gerry Blake. What can I say??? Absolute star for me this weekend!

If I have missed anyone, I apologise now! See you all next time!
It was Jonny Edwards, not me that helped set-up on Friday night.
Fixed! Cheers for that
I big thank you to Andy,Alex,Lara,Donald and Gerry and everyone who made the Glasgow Congress happen .The people involved do a lot of work which is largely unrecognised and unrewarded. The weekend was a success and everyone myself included seemed to have a good time.