Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum...
(08-04-2022, 11:22 AM)Willie Rutherford Wrote: Funny as in weird not ha ha.

The CS Forum has been dead for years. Like most people I seldom even bothered to look at it, let alone post.
When the 1st discussion thread for years came up (eligibility) I thought I would chip in.

What is weird is how the moderators, including the CS President, have tried to shut the discussion down, resorting to threats and personal attacks on more than 1 occasion. Not directed at me, other than a few sarcasm fails, and anyway from experience on other sites I have learned not to get too bothered about what gets posted on them about or to me.

But if the CS Forum is ever going to be more than a waste of space I suggest the culprits do the following
1) take 5 minutes to look back through your posts on that thread and see if you can take any learning points about your style
2) in future pause a minute before typing emotional outbursts

Perhaps killing any discussion was exactly the objective, in which case well done guys.

If you could be as kind as to indicate where I have tried to close down discussion I would appreciate it. I have not been around for most of the discussion as I was busy arbiting in Berlin and only recently entered the fray with a rather lively debate with Walter.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread
RE: A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum... - by Andy Howie - 08-04-2022, 12:46 PM