Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish National Online Chess League Organisation
Hi all
I've been asked by the CS President to clarify that the initiatives I having been setting up (e.g. The Scottish National Online Chess League ) are not under the auspices of Chess Scotland and consequently will be completely independent from Chess Scotland. Consequently we the committee will have to create a completely independent new organisation , called something along the lines of the Scottish Online Chess Organisation. The good news is that the services we provide will be free and cost neutral. Anyone wishing and willing to join will of course be welcome.
Hi Guys
We’re having a zoom meeting tomorrow (Thursday) at 7.00pm
As well as sending out details by email we thought it a good idea for us all to meet and discuss the upcoming SNOCL tournament and how we foresee it working. Feel free to pass on this email to anyone who wishes to attend. For those who have not used ZOOM before when you click on the link you will be taken to a waiting room where I will let you in. The meeting will last for 40 minutes, if anything is still unresolved then we can resume the meeting.

Topic: SNOCL captains Meeting
Time: Jan 28, 2021 07:30 PM Greenwich Mean Time
I have sent the link to all organisers , if anyone wishes to join the meeting, please let me know

Ian
I have had expressions of interest from a further three clubs regarding SOCO and the SNOCL . So we are looking at setting up a regional weekly/fortnightly chess league with teams of 4 or 6. If any club wishes to play  and has not followed the existing procedures, namely joining the SOCO online club at chess.com and also sending me a teamsheet of names and chess.com usernames, please send me such a list and we will routinely add them to the League Management System (LMS) before we announce any further tournaments.
There is a quickplay Tournament this coming Sunday, any questions contact Ian Brownlee ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk. tel 07899 832770 It's open to all players with free entry. However all players will require to join SOCO at chess.com. Details of the tournament will be posted nearer the time.

Quickplay
The 5th and final round starts at 11am.
At 2pm we are holding a QUICKPLAY tournament 5 mins+2 secs increment
Format is a 6 round Swiss
Players can join an hour before if they are already a member of SOCO.
Free Entry for anyone who has joined SOCO on chess.com.
We will consider allowing other players to join SOCO up till then, so long as they provide their Name, PNUM & Alias details, in advance.
Challenge not working

Please encourage your players to watch Andy Heron’s excellent tutorial video (“Challenge Not Working”) which explains what to do https://chess123.uk/videos

Tie Breaker Rules
In the event of a tie (all divisions) then the final order will be decided by (in order!)
1. Result of match between the tied teams
2. Board points
3. Sonneborn Berger system
4. Sum of opponents match points
5. Sum of opponents board points
6. Toss of coin
(16-03-2021, 02:49 PM)Ianbrownlee Wrote: There is a quickplay Tournament this coming Sunday, any questions contact Ian Brownlee ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk. tel 07899 832770 It's open to all players with free entry. However all players will require to join SOCO at chess.com. Details of the tournament will be posted nearer the time.

Quickplay
The 5th and final round starts at 11am.
At 2pm we are holding a QUICKPLAY tournament 5 mins+2 secs increment
Format is a 6 round Swiss
Players can join an hour before if they are already a member of SOCO.
Free Entry for anyone who has joined SOCO on chess.com.
We will consider allowing other players to join SOCO up till then, so long as they provide their Name, PNUM & Alias details, in advance.

It's a week on Sunday :-) 28th March after the 5th round of the League.
Details on the SNOCL blitz tournament are below
Sunday BLITZ 2pm (5 mins + 2 secs)

link is https://www.chess.com/live#t=2179719

Free Entry to members of SOCO on chess.com

New players are welcome to join SOCO.
Please include a note of your real name and PNUM (if you have one and know it) or email your details to one of the organisers and we will send you a joining link.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee processing of any new members joining SOCO after midnight Friday 26th Match – so please apply early if you are not a SOCO member yet!

Its a requirement for this tournament to be a member of the SOCO club on chess.com. Please ensure you are a member of SOCO on chess.com.

it’s a five minute plus 2 second incremental tournament run entirely on chess.com , registration is directly to the tournament via the link. Registration starts from one hour before the tournament starts at 2.00pm . It’s a  6 round SWISS tournament so if you miss the start, that’s it, you can't enter. You need to be a member of the SOCO CLUB ON CHESS.COM IN ORDER TO PLAY. However it is not required to register with SOCO if you are already registered although new players require their name, username and email address to be sent to ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk. no later than Friday at midnight

If you are already a member of SOCO then click above to register with the tournament and pass on the link to anyone interested. We wont allow players to join SOCO after midnight on the Friday. Once the SOCO requirement is done you can enter the tournament one hour before the tournament starts.