Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL)
(16-10-2020, 09:41 PM)Adam Bremner Wrote: It depends what you are looking to organise - if you are to call it the Scottish National Online Chess league, there is an implication that it is a CS event for a Scottish Team title, in which case it has to be screened by CS (at a minimum), as you do not know the exact methods of the sites. If you are looking to organise a friendly team competition involving Scottish players, then it has nothing to do with CS and perhaps no need to screen it, as long as people are made aware that the only anti cheating measure is the unknown screening method of the platform - which will only provide limited comfort. Assuming it is easy enough to send for screening though, I can't see why anyone would object regardless.

I don't think anyone is worried about CS rating it or not, it is more the possibility of someone wasting several hours of someone else's time by playing unfairly. Either way I hope it goes ahead as there is clearly an appetite for it - go with whatever most people are looking for, as ultimately the more people it benefits the better.

I think I need to make is absolutely clear that this in NOT a formally organised Chess Scotland event. 

Ian is organising this event as an individual, not as a CS official - and I give him full credit for taking this onboard.
If Ian wishes to make available of CS resources, such as screening, we will offer advice and support if needed.

Jim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL) - by Jim Webster - 16-10-2020, 10:55 PM