Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL)
Just been alerted to this (I am on holiday this week otherwise I would have seen sooner).

CS screening is actually Ken Regans system. There is no additional cost to do it. Collating pgns is fairly simple. 3 of us do it twice a week for 4NCL and J4NCL and it has probably 10 -20 times the number of games / teams that this would generate.

Several leagues in Scotland have spoken to me about screening the games and I am more than prepared to do it (it is a service we are providing and there is no cost attached to it. The only cost for me is time)

I'll not speak to Anti cheating measures on the sites. That is not a discussion I am prepared to get into. I do have some very strong views on them due to work I have been doing with FIDE.

On tournaments. I have not run one this month yet as I don’t know what is happening with the candidates. As soon as I know I can plan the next few
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL) - by Andy Howie - 16-10-2020, 03:04 PM