Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL)
Hi Matt
I would have to compile a PGN of all games played and would have to rely on every single game being sent to me, open every game and then save them into the same PGN  Then I would have to send them to CS for screening. I am not aware I can send them to Ken Regan directly. Then i would be in possession of all the games. What do I do with them ?  Would I be mandated to destroy them? This is not a chess scotland event , the fact i am a chess Scotland official is coincidence. CS and its council mandate what is and what is not a CS event, not me or any individual. If you accept that this is not a CS event, then there would be a cost of grading and a cost of screening. If you screen games then what happens if the screening engine highlights possible cheating but the chess platform does not? The words legal minefield comes into play. I for one wont enter that scenario

On a personal note I think the anti cheating platform by both chess.com and LiChess are more adequate, simpler to use and has no blowback. If you dont have or have your account suspended then you cant play. Simple. CS has an anti cheating policy in place and in my opinion there is no further screening required except to protect CS allegro grades a la CS policy. For most of the reasons above I've had three clubs and one league voting no to send games to CS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scottish National Online Chess League (SNOCL) - by Ianbrownlee - 16-10-2020, 02:02 PM