Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson Cup 2019-2020
Reluctantly, I am afraid we have to cancel the rest of the Richardson Cup 2019-2020. I have tried my best at keeping the tournament going but I feel we have run out of time. The Spens Cup was already cancelled as per the temporary rule which was put in place (i.e Captains group decision) The feeling three months ago was to see how this would pan out. We are all hoping the the Richardson and Spens cups may take place over the board much later on in the year with a clean slate. Presently there are no plans to replicate these tournaments online , although i would be happy to run  similar tournaments either on Lichess or Chess.com if there was sufficient interest. Such tournaments would probably not be graded and would only be used as fun. I've also had interest from four regional leagues to run a regional chess league , again if sufficient interest warranted such a tournament.

From a purely personal view, I think clubs will have to find out for themselves if they can secure premises in the current climate (and also be aware that the new norm may include new procedures such as tracking and protecting home and away members as well as shorter time controls ) before OTB chess can safely return