Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
international junior events
Hi Robin and Andrew,

Just with Fiona Petrie and others in Chess Scotland being busy with the Glorney, Fiona has co-opted me into helping her with organisation around these events. I'm not involved in selection but am helping Fiona collate expressions of interest around these tournaments and setting cut-off dates around selection of the 'invited' Chess Scotland participant in each age category.

More than happy for Andy Howie or Fiona to correct me on this but my understanding is that the Euro Youth in Latvia and the World Cadets in Spain are the two tournaments for which formal correspondence has been sent to Chess Scotland regarding. If at the very least, we can start selecting which of our juniors are to be put forward as 'invited' players for these tournaments that will be a good start. 

Robin, You will know from my recent conversations with you that I would certainly be hopeful that we could be thinking about Greece and Turkey as soon as possible as well.

Andrew, we're looking for parents to contact us with an expression of interest. From that then, a selection can be made once the cut off date has past. As a chess parent who has conversations with many other chess parents, if there is clarity on a selection sooner rather than later, this then helps us with planning logistics either way. Parents have been getting in touch with me across today and I'm currently up to date with replies to all of them and expressions of interest lodged.

Happy for either/both of you to email me with any thoughts.

Ruairidh

Messages In This Thread
international junior events - by robin moore - 31-05-2018, 07:33 AM
RE: international junior events - by AndrewGreen - 31-05-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: international junior events - by ruairidhmckay - 31-05-2018, 06:46 PM
RE: international junior events - by AndrewGreen - 31-05-2018, 07:40 PM
RE: international junior events - by robin moore - 31-05-2018, 09:47 PM
RE: international junior events - by AndrewGreen - 01-06-2018, 10:36 AM
RE: international junior events - by robin moore - 01-06-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: international junior events - by amuir - 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM