Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some topics of interest from the International Directors report
(13-04-2018, 04:36 PM)George Neave Wrote: No International Budget
I understand the organisation is strapped for cash but I would have thought entry fees for events such as Olympiad of European Championships ought to be close to top of the list of funding priorities. I wonder what is coming ahead of these? I'd appreciate if someone in the know could clarify here or point me towards where this information is shared with the general membership. I am sure this will be of interest to all paid up members like myself.

2017 Chess Scotland accounts show net assets of £6k after a deficit (loss) in the year of £11k.  Action had to be taken before it ran out of cash.

£13.6k deficit from international tournaments in 2017 when including FIDE fees - no split by tournament or age category available.

Self funding announced way back last summer, since membership fees barely cover core costs.

Glorney leading this approach by announcing fundraising appeal by Craig Pritchett and pro bono training support.  Good to see fully funded options are out there for other tournaments so no need to call on Chess Scotland funds.

My local rugby team uses sponsorship of and fundraising from each youth team for their annual, individual tour trips.

If Chess Scotland were a registered charity they could perhaps access more grants and claim gift aid on donations - £28k of donations over the past 6 years  would have got back up to £7k in tax.

Best practice to have cash reserves for contingency purposes.
John Watkins

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some topics of interest from the International Directors report - by John Watkins - 16-04-2018, 04:52 PM