Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Gilbert Junior Internationals Appeal
https://mydonate.bt.com/events/glorney2018/461374

Please see the above link to an Appeal by the Scottish Junior Chess Association Educational Trust (SJCAET), a registered charity in Scotland since 1969, for funds to help meet the costs to Chess Scotland (CS) of hosting this year's Glorney Gilbert International Junior events in Scotland.

The Trust will itself grant £1,000 towards meeting the CS budget of some £6,250, which includes the accommodation costs of the 20 Scottish players and the venue costs. We have set a target of £4,000 for the Appeal itself. Please note that by using the facility of the Trust's BT MyDonate webpage, (UK taxpaying) donors can opt to Gift Aid donations, most efficiently.

See full details about the Events and Appeal at the link above, which appears at the homepage at the Trust's website: scotyouthchess.org.uk

The last time these events were held in Scotland (2014), The Trust made a similar £1,000 grant and raised Appeal funds of some £2,150. This is a worthy cause. Let's try and break that amount in 2018!

Please spread the news about this Appeal to family and friends, indeed as widely as possible.

Thank you
1) Can I suggest you try the Robertson Trust
2) Is everyone aware the selection for this event is going to take play in June(!)

Funny old world.
"Is everyone aware the selection for this event is going to take play in June(!)"

Unbelievable.

I hope whoever is organising the Glorney reminds the players to turn up as they never managed it today in the Campbell Rosebowl final. A long wasted hike for the Kilmarnock players.
Robin

There will be several announcements made shortly regarding the Glorney festival. These announcements will be regular and informative. Rest assured everything and all processes are in place. Chess Scotland appreciate the interest you and other interested parties have in this and as I said you will be informed at the relevant time.
(14-04-2018, 07:05 PM)robin moore Wrote: "Is everyone aware the selection for this event is going to take play in June(!)"

Unbelievable.

I hope whoever is organising the Glorney reminds the players to turn up as they never managed it today in the Campbell Rosebowl final. A long wasted hike for the Kilmarnock players.

It wasnt a wasted trip. Kilmarnock knew of the situation and got the trophy. As it happened thanks to Elliot Frew we organised an impromptu allegro tournament and had lots of fun in the analysis room. We nearly had an ad hoc team to play them but in the end we preferred the allegro tournament. Its called making the most of an unfortunate situation
(14-04-2018, 07:05 PM)robin moore Wrote: "Is everyone aware the selection for this event is going to take play in June(!)"

actually your facts are wrong
I think you mean Peter's facts are wrong.

Oh and by the way Kilmarnock were not aware at all that there would not be a match. I have just spoken to one of their team to confirm that.
I believe this topic should be reserved for the good cause of fundraising for the Glorney and the good work of SJCAET.

Otherwise the perceived negativity could risk someone not donating. Instead of another debate, use the Glorney topic Pete just reinvigorated in Tournament & Events.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
(15-04-2018, 09:12 PM)robin moore Wrote: I think you mean Peter's facts are wrong.

Oh and by the way Kilmarnock were not aware at all that there would not be a match. I have just spoken to one of their team to confirm that.

the team captain was aware of an issue and measures were taken to make sure it wasnt a wasted trip. I know, I was there. However this issue will not happen again. A lesson was learned here and we move on
I am pleased to note that the Trust's Appeal has already reached over £400 (including Gift Aid courtesy of the tax man). A tenth of the £4000 Appeal target in less than a week.

Keep it up!