Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment
I am getting queries from schools as to where to buy chess clocks. Are there any Scottish suppliers ? Who should I contact ?
Also does anyone know how much to purchase a trophy e.g.  in Glasgow Schools now 3 divisions but only 2 trophies.
(04-10-2017, 09:28 AM)amuir Wrote: I am getting queries from schools as to where to buy chess clocks. Are there any Scottish suppliers ? Who should I contact ?
Also does anyone know how much to purchase a trophy e.g.  in Glasgow Schools now 3 divisions but only 2 trophies.

Hi Andy,
LJC use Action Trophies for trophies.

In terms of clocks, for school chess we have a mix of DGT clocks, we have some DGT Easy and DGT Easy Plus as well as the DGT 1001 and DGT 1002 (has the increment). We're now mainly buying the DGT 1001 or 1002 for our tournaments - they're cheap and cheerful and have a very low footprint (ideal for school desks where you might struggle to fit a clock and board on the same desk!).

The DGT 1001/1002 are widely available from many retailers online - including amazon (current price £16.95). My only other suggestion, if you're not bothered about going digital would be to ask for donations of analogue clocks from clubs in the Glasgow area.

Hope that helps,
Martin
Lothian Junior Chess
http://www.ljc.org.uk