Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL
Gosh how time flies.

SNCL is on this weekend, Sun 26th Feb at Carnegie Conference Centre.

Please bring the trophies with you so that I have them for next month's prizegiving, thx.

GG
The new start time of 10 am for next year will pose travel difficulties for players living in the west.
Will there be any special dispensation e.g. clocks not started till player arrives up to 10.15 am if requested in advance ? The first trains in some places don't leave till after 8 am
There is already not enough of a break between rounds in my opinion, now potentially if game goes on and on you could end up playing your next game with no break at all.

I think the change of time control to dreadful increments is badly thought out. I don't really care if it's the standard fide time control, most things fide do have a negative impact on chess.

Andy they are not going to delay starting the clocks for certain people arriving late, has to be the same start time for all!
Yes,Joe, with increments there is no maximum duration of a round.
Is there a FIDE minimum break between rounds ? If so we could calculate how many moves a game would take to infringe this minimum.
What is wrong with rolling starts ? Most players start at 10 am with stragglers up to 10.15 am. Simlarly 3pm start for round 2 with some players with long previous games starting up to 3.15 pm. This might make the increments method work.