Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL Board Orders
SNCL rules state: "Players within a team must play in strict grading order. However, a 50pt interchange is acceptable if discussed with arbiter."

Looking at the Division 1 - Rounds 1 & 2 results from yesterday, 7 from 8 teams fielded teams that did not follow strict FIDE grading order! In 2 cases, the disparity is > 50 points.

I expect this comes about because teams are presuming the rule refers to CS ratings even though this is a FIDE rated event. It would be helpful to have clarification around which grading system or systems apply? e.g. Is it CS, FIDE or both? i.e. If there players are in strict order in either system then no consultation is necessary?
Strangely enough, I asked that very question yesterday and was told that either CS or FIDE grades may be used so long as it is consistent on the day for both rounds.
George,

Teams are using CS grades which can make it look a little odd when FIDE grades are displayed.

We have no issue if teams want to base on FIDE grades or CS grades, however they must be consistent throughout the season
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy Howie Wrote:George,

Teams are using CS grades which can make it look a little odd when FIDE grades are displayed.

We have no issue if teams want to base on FIDE grades or CS grades, however they must be consistent throughout the season

That clears it up. Looking at the results on the home page which show line-ups with CS ratings I see everyone is applying the CS orders strictly. Thanks.
Nice one. Glad it's all worked out okay in the end.

Good question, George!!