Qtr 3 Cathcart vs Hamilton

Qtr 4 Dundee vs Edinburgh West

Spens Cup 2016-17

Qtr 1 Castlehill vs Wandering Dragons

Qtr 2 Bellshill vs Troon

Qtr 3 Hamilton vs Irvine

Qtr 4 Kilmarnock vs Edinburgh Civil Service

Draws made by Rich Wiltshire, Crewe
I am still awaiting player registration forms from six clubs for this years tournaments. I have been promised the form from two clubs by end of play tonight. This leaves four clubs that I haven't heard from at all. Please get your forms to me ideally asap but no later than October 31st.
Do Richardson Cup results get published anywhere?

Is it true that the semis have been scheduled for Easter weekend?
Shoddy formatting and names from memory but we were outclassed on Sunday against Poly.

Glasgow Poly - Wandering Dragons

1 Greet (w) 0.5 – 0.5 Tate
2 Shaw 1 - 0 Bathie
3 McNab 0.5 – 0.5 Burnett, Andrew
4 Swan 0.5 – 0.5 Orr
5 Arens 1 - 0 Minnican
6 Kirk 1 – 0 Bhopal
7 Magnussen 1 – 0 Kynoch, Richard
8 Brookens 1 – 0 Sloan

6.5 – 1.5
George Neave Wrote:Is it true that the semis have been scheduled for Easter weekend?

The information below is straight from the CS calendar:

Semi final dates.
Start Date: Sunday 19/03/2017
End Date: Sunday 19/03/2017
Qty Rounds: 1

Clubs can agree to play any time before the round date. Tournament director should be informed. Further details to follow. Contact TD: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk">Ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

I think that you perhaps mean the Richardson/Spens/Rosebowl/Nancy Elder finals which are scheduled for Saturday 15th April - again also published on the CS calendar.

Richardson and Spens Final
15/04/2017
The Chess Scotland Finals Day will be held at the Adam Smith Theatre in Kirkcaldy.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.onfife.com/venues/adam-smith-theatre">https://www.onfife.com/venues/adam-smith-theatre</a><!-- m -->

Contact TD: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk">Ian.brownlee@systemsit.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

It always amazes me why people ask questions about information already in the CS public domain, and in particular, posted on the CS calendar.
Whatever happened to the idea of publishing team lists before the first round? The way it is just now favours teams with players around the same strength. If only some teams have to play a guessing game then at least don't make it Fide rated.
the reason the CS finals are being held a week earlier than normal is that there is a new congress this year which occupies the normal slot the finals take place so the finals days was move forward one week.

We also lost the venue in Grangemouth which didnt help matters.
As far as puvlishing team lists before the match, this wasnt a popular idea ans I personallu dont favour it as it restricts options should someone has to pull out and the administration of publishing team lists would be impractical. Not all teams use the forums for example and possibility of human error would make things difficult
Alan Tate Wrote:Whatever happened to the idea of publishing team lists before the first round? The way it is just now favours teams with players around the same strength. If only some teams have to play a guessing game then at least don't make it Fide rated.

Or just strict grading order maybe? It isn't a level playing field atm, which is not good, especially with it being FIDE rated.
personally I would be happy with strict grading order albeit I suspect I am in the minority but the playimg field will never be that level, as depending what we do it will either favour the players who have time to study or the players who cannot. You can only please some of the players some of the time...

I would now be contacting the various losing Spens team captains who would like to play in the Campbell Rosebowl for the next round and will be making a public draw for the next rounds of the next round of the Richardson and Spens,

Finally can i clarify a few points
1. Any player in these tournaments must have a FIDE FIN (registration number). Anyone who is not cannot play. Those eligible for SCO can be registered as such provided they meet the eligibility requirements and provided they wish to do so. Any other players must contact their respective federations to be registered.

2, Any additional players to be registered on the player registration form for the national tournaments can be registered up to 48 hours before the match. However a demonstraion (e.g FIN number) of eligibilitymust also be submitted and the player must have my approval before they can play for their team.

3. Please be sure that PNUMS are entered correctly on the scoresheet as well as grade. Indication of colour is also a requirement
Jim Webster Wrote:
George Neave Wrote:Is it true that the semis have been scheduled for Easter weekend?
It always amazes me why people ask questions about information already in the CS public domain, and in particular, posted on the CS calendar.

I misread it. Sadly it does not amaze me to get such a response to a simple question on this board.