Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Information
The Executive Director is currently having internet problems and as result any updates to the AGM items will be delayed, namely the Directors Reports. All going well this will be completed, hopefully, sometime on Sunday 14th. at the latest.

Chess Scotland would like to apologise for any inconvenience.
Apologies for that. Was watching the cycling online then bang internet went down.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Any news from the AGM today? Did I get any votes at all for ID? Anything newsworthy happen?
Andy Burnett was re-elected as International Director.

All other Directors were re-elected unchallenged.
As Jim said, all current Directors returned and the Motion was passed with a minor amendment.

Just under 2 hours from start to finish. A welcome change Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
When will the financial reports be available online ?
Soon.

David said at the meeting they were about 4 weeks from going for Audit. As soon as I have them i will publish them
How could I forget. Dougie Bryson was presented with the Presidents Award by Jim Big Grin
I would like to congratulate Andy Burnett on his election win. He beat me by a sizeable margin both on proxy votes and those at the AGM . I reckon I got 10% of votes to his 90%. Feedback given to me was that I will need to improve my noticeboard skills.
Nevertheless I was happy that my motion won (by only 2 votes !) which means that Scottish champions are SCO on FIDE list in future.
I am willing to contribute to the future of Chess Scotland if time permits when asked.
I am standing in other elections soon - for Vox (a mental health charity) - and as a SNP councillor in Dumbarton so will see how I do in those.
Good luck to the teams in Baku
amuir Wrote:I am willing to contribute to the future of Chess Scotland if time permits when asked.

good to hear Andy. I am sure the offer you made regarding the glorney was well appreciated and underlines your passion for the event. I am sure you would work well with David Congalton in the future. I for one appreciate the gesture you made and I hope you saw the work done by Jim Webster and others on the day to tidy up the wording in order to get the motion passed.