Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro 2016
We are now just four weeks away from this years Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro.

This is our thirtieth year of holding the event and we are trying to make this year special - with your help.
There are special discounts for past winners of the Open event and discounts for new and returning players as well as free entries for some juniors – all the details are on the back of the entry form.
And we will be giving prizes among our regular players as well.
In addition we have extended our family discount to grandparents.

Despite the news we had been given last year about the Youth Centre closing, we have been able to stay in the same venue – Stewarton Annick Youth and Community Centre and we hope to see you at the event again this year.

The full entry form is available from the CS calendar pages and by email from myself if you request a copy

We will be loading the list of entrants to the CS Calendar pages as well so if you have entered and your name does show up within a day then let me know - we will keep it as up to date as we can.

Any queries please email me
Thanks
John Montgomery
Stewarton Chess Club
In Co-operation with Stewarton Bonnet Guild
Invite you to the
2016 STEWARTON ALLEGRO
To be held in The Stewarton Annick Youth & Community Centre, Standalane, Stewarton
On Sunday 12th June 2016
It’s the last few days before this year’s Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro and we thought we would remind you that the BBC weather says it’s not going to be a sunny weekend so why not come along to this year’s event and enjoy the food, the good company and maybe the chess as well.

Plenty of room for more entries - we will extend the closing date until Friday

This is our thirtieth year of holding the event and we are trying to make this year special - with your help.
There are special discounts for past winners of the Open event and discounts for new and returning players as well as free entries for some juniors – all the details are on the back of the entry form.
And we will be giving prizes among our regular players as well.
In addition we have extended our family discount to grandparents.

We now have seven of the past winners who have won the Open event over the years coming including GM Colin McNab so come along and have a great day.

We are still in the same venue – Stewarton Annick Youth and Community Centre and we hope to see you at the event again this year.
Any queries please email me
Thanks
John Montgomery
Stewarton Chess Club
Now up to 77 players with a really strong Open - one GM, two IMs and two FMs

Plenty of space for more players so we are still taking entries up to Saturday night so contact me as soon as you can.

John Montgomery
Stewarton Chess Club
email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:john.montgomery@btinternet.com">john.montgomery@btinternet.com</a><!-- e -->
telephone 01294-221486
Can I say thanks to the organisers and and participants who helped make it a very enjoyable event, and one I will be participating in next year.
A reduced number of players (75) did not dampen the atmosphere at this year's Stewarton Bonnet Guild Allegro held on Sunday 12th June 2016 in the Stewarton Annick Youth Centre although the weather stayed overcast and showery with occasional glimpses of the brilliance both outside and on the chess boards in the playing hall.

The Open event was very strong this year with one GM, two IMs and two FMs - all in all seven players graded over 2000 and eight players who had won the trophy previously returning for another chance to put their name on it.

After the final round there was a tie for first place between Colin McNab GM and Stephen Mannion IM both on four out of five. Tiebreak was applied and Colin won the title for the fourth time while Steve took second place just failing to put his name on the trophy for the seventh time.
Third place was shared between Steven Brown, Andrew Muir IM, and Philip Giulian FM

In the Major section Jamie Malkin of Kilmarnock and Nikos Argyroudis of Dumfries tied on four and a half points each with Nikos winning the tiebreak to finish first.
Third place was shared between David Potts of Bellshill, Stuart Marchbank of Dumfries and Andrew MacQueen of Giffnock

In the Minor section Mark Brown and Dylan Gillies both of Badgers Brook finished on four and a half points with Mark winning the tiebreak.
Third place was shared by Siegrun Macgilchrist of Ayr and Morven Petrie of East Kilbride

A reduced number of juniors due to the Chess Scotland Primary Championships taking place on the same weekend meant that a merger of the Under 14 and Under 12 sections was necessary. However we did award prizes in each section

In the Under 14 section the clear winner was Jonathan McKay of North Juniors while Kyle McFie of Paisley came second and Joshua Singh of Greenwood finished in third place

In the Under 12 section the clear winner was Jamie Watt of Stewarton with Sivan Ipek of Glebe coming second and Thomas Chan and Dawid Pasik both of Glebe sharing third place

Family prizes were won by the Lampard family of Ayr, the Giulians as well as the Malkins and the McKays

A fuller report and grading data will be available later this week

Thanks to all who came and to the arbiters and canteen staff who fed and watered everyone.