Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edinburgh Live Games
Round 1 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile
Round 2 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile
Round 3 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile
Round 4 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile
Round 5 Open Flash Multiboard Mobile
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Ewan Gray appears to be on boards 3 and 4. I guess 4 is correct?
Realise your busy - if you get the chance could you post scores please or picture of scores thanks
Enjoying the coverage of the live games from Edinburgh too, but as Alex says, can somebody post some scores please?

I'm sure I used to see the scores on the live board lists before [e.g. Tate (3.5) Arakhamia (3.5)] which makes it much more interesting knowing what everyone is playing for!!

Cheers,
Andy
George Neave Wrote:Euan Gray appears to be on boards 3 and 4. I guess 4 is correct?

Yes

Alex Gillies Wrote:Realise your busy - if you get the chance could you post scores please or picture of scores thanks

No

andyburnett Wrote:Enjoying the coverage of the live games from Edinburgh too, but as Alex says, can somebody post some scores please?

I'm sure I used to see the scores on the live board lists before [e.g. Tate (3.5) Arakhamia (3.5)] which makes it much more interesting knowing what everyone is playing for!!

Cheers,
Andy

No
(On a serious note, from what I could see the organisers and arbiters had their hands full all weekend. It could be worth asking around to see if any enthusiastic volunteer would be interested in providing scores, the draw, and maybe even a pic or two. I can immediately think of two who post on Facebook, there must be others as well.)
Yes, even simple camera shot of results and next round draw posted on facebook would be appreciated :-) Congress was very good with spacious venue, excellent catering, bookstall and free car parking available.
That's a really simple solution. Couple of photos with a smartphone and pass on to a volunteer or post online. Would take 5 minutes tops.

Agree about the venue. I actually prefer St. Tams over Heriots (more space, no floorboards from hell) although numbers were seemingly down this year so perhaps not everyone agrees.
Venue was really nice, definitely numbers won't be down for that reason! Seems in general the venues for tournaments in Scotland are getting better these days.
The Chess Tour folks seemed to have worked it out how to post the draw and results within minutes - not sure why Edinburgh could not emulate? For sure the viewing pleasure for the online audience is diminished without this. Seems a shame to get the technology all in place then miss this out That all being said, the allergo finish of Tate - Arakhamia fully stands up as quality entertainment all on it's own :p. Also have to wonder how well Mr Green slept last night after Black's Houdini act in same round. I doubt Neil Berry's can quite believe what happened to him in round 4 either.