Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL Final
Sorry for the confusion at the AGM, I had an optical migraine and could not see properly which was causing me problems

Division 1
Champions - Edinburgh 1
2nd - Dundee City A

Relegated East Kilbride A and IPCC

Division 2
Champions - Thistles
2nd - Giffnock by the most exhausting tie break process ever

Giffnock and Inverclyde finished on the same match points, 10.

Tie Break 1 - Check board points - Both on 20.5

Tie Break 2 - Game between the two teams - Finished a draw

Tie Break 3 - Least number of Defaults lost / drawn - Nether side had a default

Tie Break 4 - Bottom board Elimination - Both teams finished on the same match points and game points

Tie Break 5 - Sonneborn Berger - Finally we have a winner. Giffnock win this tiebreak by a point.

Hence why the AGM was slightly late. I had a lot of calculation to do. Not going to have this issue next season as I am using TMS (Tournament Management Software)

Relegated Edinburgh 2 and Cumbernauld

Division 3
Champions - Dumfries & District
Promoted - CSBOS1

Relegated Oban and Corstorphine

Division 4
Champions - Bon Accord
Promoted - Wandering Dragons B

If we get enough teams for Div 5 next season, the following teams will be in div 5 based on their place this year

Mussleburgh, Hidden Dragons, Lenzie, Zebras
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Salient points from the AGM -

We may be in a new venue next year

Fees remain the same

FIDE Rating extended to Div 2 next season

Will have to consider incremental times in the future due to changes to Laws of Chess
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
next tiebreak was a square go in the car park!!
Well, Giffnock would have lost that, most of the team left before the round finished. Andy might have had to do a simul!
:-o :-o :-o Big Grin