Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL 2015/16 Sorry for delay
Glynis Grant Wrote:Entries beginning to come in to my email address, thanks everyone. Still not heard from Edinburgh George. I suggest you chase them up please.

Glynis - if you mean Edinburgh West I sent the entry to your old email address by mistake. You should now have it.

Martin
Thanks Martin. I've stopped using my old email as it gets so much junk mail in it. Thank you very much for Edin west entry. I will pass it on to Andy.

GG

Anyone else sent to wrong address, please resend to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ggrant1@outlook.com">ggrant1@outlook.com</a><!-- e -->
Glynis Grant Wrote:The draw cannot be done until all the clubs let either myself or Andy know if they are playing. I have already apologised for my part in the delay but have asked you all to email me. Have I heard from your club George -- NO. Therefore I take it the draw can be done without your club.

You will also notice that my first notice was dated 18th Sept. It did state email me. Gave all clubs plenty of notice but I am still waiting for them to respond.

At this moment in time my Mam is my top priority. I've done my part (entry forms were sent out by me to the person who sends them on to the clubs and to the calendar website person). If you're not happy George, as I have stated for many years now, you can take over the organisation of SNCL. Vote me out in March!!

All clubs please email us before the 15th so that Andy has a week to sort out the draw.

GG

LOL - every year the same angry outpouring at such a simple request.

A provisional draw a week or two before would be a nice touch. At least in divisions that are FIDE rated. If 1 team drops out then the the replacement is swapped in to that team's slot. It doesn't have to be made into a big deal

btw - Looking forward to Dundee this weekend - that's the one where the players are asked for feedback every year and do not get an earful if they offer it!
I don't get angry George, just disappoined and frustrated at your annual efforts to heckle my team --who remember are volunteers and don't deserve to put up with you. This year as I have fully explained and apologised for my short comings in the event I find you particularly insensitive. However, why should I be surprised -it is just you afterall!!
Glynis Grant Wrote:I don't get angry George, just disappoined and frustrated at your annual efforts to heckle my team --who remember are volunteers and don't deserve to put up with you. This year as I have fully explained and apologised for my short comings in the event I find you particularly insensitive. However, why should I be surprised -it is just you afterall!!

Wow. That's personal. I asked if draw can be published and this comes back.

Moderator - please remove these offensive comments.
George, read your own post. You were the one who claimed I was angry. I corrected your mistake and told you how I felt and why. Nothing offensive in that, only being truthful.
With 50% of the teams still to confirm, there is no way I can do a Division 1 draw. I know of one team so far that has pulled out
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
I do not see the post as being offensive so the post will not be removed although I would like to see everyone calming down. We as moderators do allow a bit of leniency especially in the circumstances.
George!
Usually I agree with you.... but this time, afraid not...Glynis has made it very clear the personal circumstances surrounding this year's 'delays', and I don't think her replies were offensive - you've heard much worse I'm sure Wink Let's all try to relax a bit Smile

Remember, Glynis is also a teacher - It never did me any good arguing with them Big Grin
Andy B.
George Neave Wrote:
Glynis Grant Wrote:...your annual efforts to heckle my team --who remember are volunteers and don't deserve to put up with you. ....why should I be surprised -it is just you afterall!!

That's personal.

What heckling? All I asked is can we have the draw and I get met with comments like that.
By contrast Andy's reply is to the point and devoid of emotion and absolutely fine.

I could say what I think personally but would not bring myself down like this.
It is totally unacceptable as far as I'm concerned and, to be honest I am disappointed by the lack of support.
If the comments are not removed please remove my account.