Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth less than fortnight to go!!
Hi Folks, with less than a fortnight to go to the opening of Chess CW2014 I'm still waiting for your entries.

If you are a UK resident send your entry to me now please (entry form has my CW email address)

If foreign entrant please send to Alex McFarlane's email.

Online entries work too!!

See you there, it'll be fun!!

GG
I've updated the Championship entry.

I'll update the junior events tomorrow once I've got answers to a few queries.
A week to go and not a single GM or IM from England? Anyone know why?
George Neave Wrote:A week to go and not a single GM or IM from England? Anyone know why?

Could it be because 'they' complained so much about the Indian contingent winning at the British - (who were subsequently deemed ineligible from 2004) - that they have no desire to return to losing ways against our sub-continent brethren? Wink
George Neave Wrote:A week to go and not a single GM or IM from England? Anyone know why?
It is still term time in England so that would rule out the under-18s and teachers.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
My source informs me that many English chess players intended on watching England lift the world cup and that playing the Commonwealth would have clashed with the games, hence the reduced entry from our neighbours. This information is actually confidential so don't tell anyone I told you.

Confidential
adjective

intended to be kept secret.
"confidential information"
synonyms: private, personal, intimate, privileged, quiet;
antonyms: public, on the record
Ah yes it all makes sense to me now. India were of course eliminated from world cup qualification in July 2011 = plenty of time to prepare for the commonwealth championships.
Don't get too confident there is still a week to go. Plenty of time for the English to stop crying and start entering.

Just remember Scotland welcomes everyone and individual comments do not, necessarily, reflect the attitude of the organisers and Chess Scotland!!!!

Keep it for the Referendum, folks!

Glynis
Alan Jelfs Wrote:
It is still term time in England so that would rule out the under-18s and teachers.

It also excludes many parents of U18's who have to get their kids to school. This is incidently the reason I can't play as have to get my kid to school (although I live in Scotland). The early timing of this event is unfortunate.
Glynis Grant Wrote:Don't get too confident there is still a week to go. Plenty of time for the English to stop crying and start entering.

Just remember Scotland welcomes everyone and individual comments do not, necessarily, reflect the attitude of the organisers and Chess Scotland!!!!

Keep it for the Referendum, folks!

Glynis

:-o