Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney
It's really the full ChessScotland membership you need to inform Ian. Would it be reasonable to ask the present situation regarding numbers as to accepted/declined invitations and as to when exactly the squad will be announced?
No its not reasonable as announcements will be made at the correct time as determined by the Glorney committee. As I have repeatedly said anyone who contacts me will be updated as best as I can. I don't not know of anyone affected who is not in the loop and I will not be drawn into this discussion on the forum. Parents should only be corresponding with CS officials and not subject to speculation by anyone else
Great to see the Glorney team published. Looks like a strong team!
The published team was actually the team selected. There were no declines and there were instances of people who did not make the team genuinely disappointed. Scotland have just beaten England at cricket so it is possible to beat the larger nations, especially on home ground with excellent support.
I have heard this was not the case, far from it.
(12-06-2018, 08:18 AM)amuir Wrote: The published team was actually the team selected. There were no declines and there were instances of people who did not make the team genuinely disappointed. Scotland have just beaten England at cricket so it is possible to beat the larger nations, especially on home ground with excellent support.

(12-06-2018, 08:45 AM)robin moore Wrote: I have heard this was not the case, far from it.

Not sure where you are hearing this from Robin.  The selected Glorney team was the team that was published.  I know this as I sent out the invitations.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Folks,

One thing that will always be constant is that I keep in touch with families of juniors I knew well during my time as acting IJD. This includes Mahir, Paul, Emma, Mark and Lisa whose children are in the Glorney team. I also keep in touch with others who are not in the team but were invited.
I think we can all agree that it is a very strong Glorney Team, so Andy deserves a great deal of credit for getting the players out. I am struggling a bit with how the organisation is working out this year; Andy have you invited the players for the other sections too? Do we know how those teams are progressing?
(12-06-2018, 10:36 AM)robin moore Wrote: Folks,

One thing that will always be constant is that I keep in touch with families of juniors I knew well during my time as acting IJD. This includes Mahir, Paul, Emma, Mark and Lisa whose children are in the Glorney team.  I also keep in touch with others who are not in the team but were invited.

Robin,

I was given 5 names for the team who were invited.  All 5 accepted.  There was no one who as on the Glorney team that declined.  Don't believe me, check with Ian who was copied in all the mails.  Now it could be that you are mixing up training days and Glorney teams in which case you are correct.

Matthew, the intention was to announce all the teams for all the federations simultaneously.  We are waiting for 1 response from the other Scottish teams (Stokes team if I remember correctly), we also have a FIN to get for one of the players from another federation
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy,

Would it be correct to say that players were asked if they wished to be considered for selection and not all accepted?