Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson Cup
Keith Rose Wrote:George, Andy

Look at it this way …. nobody has asked for this before – as far as I know.

Quote:Why cannot CS do same?
No reason whatsoever. My view is that the Richardson & Spens belong to the clubs and the players that take part, CS only administers the events. If you want it you can have it as long as it has the agreement of a majority. Democracy and all that.

How about you gents put together a proposal, worded as precisely as possible, and I’ll put it to the team captains? What if a team wanted to play someone not on their initial list (but who satisfies the bona fide criteria of course)? Should that be disallowed? Where would/could he fit into the playing order if it is not grading order?

Or have I misunderstood what you are saying?

Good idea Keith. May take few weeks with holidays but I will be in touch for this in next 2-3 weeks. I don't agree by the way that CS should take such a passive stance on rules actually. Individuals all have their own personal agendas and if left to a relatively small number of vocal players (no doubt myself included) risks producing a distorted view reflecting these players natural bias. I' prefer it CS take note what is tournament best practice be checking what other premier events are doing elsewhere do e.g. Euro club or 4NCL etc.

Messages In This Thread