Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow and Red cards
PatCoffey Wrote:The ChessScotland website is good for checking facts such as League fixtures, Results etc and those few that have built and maintained the site deserve great credit. .

Absolutely, some fantastic work from the coding, to the general updates, historical stuff, and grading data. It is clear to me and I am sure to those involved that the site can be improved a lot. It is also clear to me from my experience of building up a small club website, that the CS site is a massive job, with few talented volunteers working on it there just isn't the time. I expect this is the same issue with the Commie site simply not enough time.

PatCoffey Wrote:Its one thing for a site to be a bit edgy but overall I don't think that the board well represents the views or personalities within the wider amateur chess community ....and to the extent that it matters at all I think it sometimes presents chess in Scotland in actually quite a bad light....unfairly so as for sure club and League chess is suitably very friendly..

I assumed this is why the board went from a publicly available application, to requiring registration and logging in to view it? I think we should have remained public and should go back to the ECF notice board public format. There should be nothing to hide. If there is dirty washing we shouldn't be hiding the washing baskets in the cupboard. It should be put in the washing machine.

PatCoffey Wrote:Overall the moderation is well intentioned but clearly its a very difficult role to play.

More football comparisons but being a moderator on here is a bit like being a referee. You can't please everyone, a lot of it is opinion and it is not always Black & White if you excuse the pun. Sometimes I think a comment is offside then I think it could be onside, its confusing. Impossible job for Hugh/Andy. They do frequently ask us for volunteering with moderation, but lets be honest, its a bargepole none of would even look at without binoculars.

Messages In This Thread