Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow and Red cards
Difficult to see a role for red and yellow cards.

The ChessScotland website is good for checking facts such as League fixtures, Results etc and those few that have built and maintained the site deserve great credit. The NoticeBoard...I rarely check these days but did so a few days ago and was struck by the apparent/overt bullying and sometimes sourness of some/many postings...actually across quite a few topics...unfortunate.

Maybe the board has always been like this and its just more noticeable to me as I don't check so often...so maybe some active posters really don't realise how it all looks?

Its one thing for a site to be a bit edgy but overall I don't think that the board well represents the views or personalities within the wider amateur chess community ....and to the extent that it matters at all I think it sometimes presents chess in Scotland in actually quite a bad light....unfairly so as for sure club and League chess is suitably very friendly.

Overall the moderation is well intentioned but clearly its a very difficult role to play.

Messages In This Thread