Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Derek, I am more than a little surprised that you don't understand the equivalence that I was pointing out.

FIDE rules, in the appendices to the laws of chess, define any game of less than 60 minutes per player as rapidplay. CS in its wisdom has a special class of game: a junior game of not less than 25 minutes per player is graded on the same basis as an adult regular grade.

ie

a junior game of 25 minutes (proposed cost of grading as regular is 25p) is equivalent to an adult game of 60 minutes or more (proposed cost of grading 50p to 60p)

a junior game of 25 minutes (proposed cost of grading as rapidplay is 10p) is equivalent to an adult game of 25 minutes (proposed cost of grading as rapidplay is 20p)

Basically a junior standard grade costs 25p as against an adult standard grade which costs 50p.
A junior rapidplay game costs 10p as against an adult rapidplay game which costs 20p.

By the way, I am saying equivalent as I was told that it did not matter how much time you gave a junior, the game would be finished in less than 25 minutes. This may be true for the majority of the hundreds of juniors who appear for 1 season or indeed only 1 tournament, but, and it's a big but, it means that any good junior can play in one of these event, score 100% and lose grading points. What a nonsense.

Messages In This Thread