Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Apologies but not read the whole thread so if I may repeat what someone has already said. I would argue for affiliation of organizers like LJC, SJC & NEJCA to CS because I believe it is important that firstly there is a national body and that the stake holders are fully engaged with it. A financial commitment is a great way to ensure engagement.

With regards the charging for junior grading I am caught he between an instant reaction against yet on the other hand I do think that if having a grade is something the juniors respond to and value it is not unreasonable - in this time of financial constraints - that CS derives financial benefit from it. The question in my mind is how is that best done?

I would listen to MH on the possible impact on his events and efforts to ensure that a fixed rate for game does not make mass participation events impractical. Perhaps affiliates can claim volume based discounts?

I would also like to see a clear plan for how monies raised is to be spent. If it was to go towards supporting junior chess in someway then fine, if it goes towards subsidizing elite adult chess then forget it. Worse still is if there is no plan and it just disappears into the budget.

Messages In This Thread