Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Derek Howie Wrote:
David Deary Wrote:Fundamentally, I believe this is a debate that CS needs to have along with the debate around compulsory membership.

Two totally different things and the fact that the HJD is talking about compusory membership is frightening. If this is something that you believe should be discussed then you should have detailed that prior to your election. It is something that I could never vote for. However that should not derail the subject of fees and should be deferred to a later date.

Derek, do not confuse me referring to the debate on compulsory membership as support for the proposal or the principle. I remain to be convinced of either.

Also, I believe it would be highly irregular for me to ignore the debate on compulsory membership now that the issue has been raised.

Derek Howie Wrote:The problem with your suggestion on the regional league being affiliated is that what happens if it isn't? It would be best to omit schools chess and similar where incurring any cost may be problematic and prohibitive.

This is exactly why I think the proposal should go to the Home Junior Board who will consult through the regionalised network to come up with a practical solution to many of these issues. One of the solutions could well be what you suggest above.

P.S. The smilies seem to be gone... :-'(
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread