Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Patrick McGovern Wrote:It's not you Alex!

SC and SJC were united; others thought it better not to be united and split.

& you know exactly why so don't know why you are dragging that up as it's not the issue here Pat.
robin moore Wrote:If I understand the "proposal" correctly, junior organisations can affiliate to CS for an annual fee of £40. They would be encouraged to join a CS junior board to cooperate and share ideas. All their U14 games would be graded for free. I would imagine that David Deary would wish them to run junior CS events.

This seems to make a great deal of sense.

Spot on Robin that's what i thought too. We are needed to run CS & are terrible people because we won't play ball. Please tell me why you think it would be right for SJC to pay CS for the honour of running their events for them. Especially when CS have 3 appointed junior Directors to do that job, as those of SJC, that were CS Directors in the past did for CS & continued to do so for a few years beyond.

It's not the point here.

The point is it's a proposal that has been put forward that will harm grass root junior chess in the long run because do you honestly think events like the Lanarkshire Primary Team will be graded by CS if the charge is implemented.

Messages In This Thread