Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
I don't agree with grading the megafinal because there are far too many one off entries of juniors that never play again or only uk challenge or ungraded who could seriously hurt our established players if graded.

However, for clarification UK challenge dictate the entry fee for the mega final. For those that run it on their behalf in the West, North & Edinburgh get a cut after all monies have been sent to, cleared & finalised by uk challenge. I believe the cut is £6 per head. Take off 1.50 per head grading that give 4.50. As example I believe it was 2009 the west was held at Eastwood high school, the school hire was £400 & we technically ran at a loss.

So no Basman wouldn't be losing out it's the local organisers who spend a lot of time on this event who would get hammered.

SJC's current charges are reflective of the hall hire & the remainder is used to purchase trophies, medals, stationary & usually £7. Team event is £12 per team of 4. None of the Adult SJC volunteers take expenses.

If it is so important to start charging why straight to 25p? Why not gradual introduction?

Is anyone actually applying for funding or sponsorship to fill the void? As it seems the juniors are going to be punished to fill that void. As it is parents are being hammered financially at the other end of the spectrum where they don't seem to be getting the financial support for Internationals. I noted in the 2012/13 accounts that 24 coaches/chaperones/heads of delegation were involved in the events. Even if they didn't take any renumeration for their time, their accommodation & travel would have needed to be paid for. That is a horrendous drain on the international budget that in part could have been avoided if the juniors were given the coaching & support before they went.

Instead of looking where you can get more money in you should be looking at where realistic cuts can be made.

I would be interested in knowing how NEJCA, Lothians & other junior clubs feel about this proposed charge. Is it going to gave an impact on amount of events they will run in future, will they increase entry fees.

Messages In This Thread