Poll: How should the Sensory Boards be funded
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
By Donation (individuals and congresses)
44.12%
15 44.12%
Increasing congress entry fees by £1 (going towards the costs)
23.53%
8 23.53%
Congresses using the boards paying a hire charge of £50
8.82%
3 8.82%
Congresses using the boards paying a hire charge of £75
2.94%
1 2.94%
Congresses using the boards paying an extra 5p per graded result
8.82%
3 8.82%
I do not think Chess Scotland should use such boards
11.76%
4 11.76%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensory Boards
I'm wondering how we are going to use these boards are they solely for the top section, the top boards in each section or placed at random? Or is this up to the tournament organiser?

I ask because I would quite like a go on one of them. =)

I voted for donations and I think we need to get a little bit creative here guys and girls:

How about one of our titled players volunteers an afternoon for a simultaneous and attendees pay £10 with all proceeds going to the sensory boards. We could even try for some sponsorship of how many moves we could last against said titled player.

Can we channel the 100 club funds to the sensory boards lets get more people signed up if they knew proceeds were going to the boards I think uptake would increase and they could even win a sweetener themselves. I think we could maybe get some more people in the club/lottery if the proceeds were going to the sensory boards.

Fundraising boxes at all of the congresses for donations of any amount towards sensory boards.

A levy on prize money. Dare I say it? 5% of all winnings? I'm not sure what that would come out at but maybe thats a bit harsh on the prize winners. Can you tell I'm not expecting to be in the prize money this season? =)

^Lets get some of these quick wins into action before slapping on additional grading fees, entry fees or hire charges. I'm not saying my ideas are good but they might get the juices flowing. Any other suggestions?
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread