Poll: How should the Sensory Boards be funded
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
By Donation (individuals and congresses)
44.12%
15 44.12%
Increasing congress entry fees by £1 (going towards the costs)
23.53%
8 23.53%
Congresses using the boards paying a hire charge of £50
8.82%
3 8.82%
Congresses using the boards paying a hire charge of £75
2.94%
1 2.94%
Congresses using the boards paying an extra 5p per graded result
8.82%
3 8.82%
I do not think Chess Scotland should use such boards
11.76%
4 11.76%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensory Boards
Quote:However, given that the whole thing seems rather complicated and unclear, it's maybe not an unreasonable issue to raise. Look at it another way. If a benefactor simply donates a sum of money and says, "get on with it" and it's then clear exactly what this money's being used for, then that's fine. That's not the case here, I don't believe.

I must have missed something in all this since the original announcement was, I thought, rather clear

Quote:Chess Scotland is pleased to announce that the 2012 Scottish Championships will be greatly enhanced thanks to the support of an anonymous benefactor.
This person wishes to remain unknown and we will honour that request. I am not able to say how much the arrangement is for, other than it is a significant amount........

The sponsorship is for the Scottish Championships, there is no indication that it is to be used for anything other than that. Chess Scotland is being allowed to draw an repayable advance for a specific purpose and to be repaid by the 2012 Championship.

Why do we need to know more than that? Lets just say thank you very much, we will put on events to justify your faith and support.

No further clarity seems to be required and don't think for one minute that our sponsor isn't reading all this and if it was me (and it's not!) - I would be starting to have doubts about the value of all this questioning.

Messages In This Thread