Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuation of AGM - motion 1.2
Matthew,
My observations are based on reality. I was speaking about this topic as an individual freely expressing an opinion. This, I will continue to do, based on objective observation. They are based on watching the numbers at both congresses and CS tournaments over a number of years. In 1988, The Spens Cup had at least 32 team participating, now barely a third of that, The Elder Trophy: When I won this for the first time in 1991 !! Big Grin , there were again 32 entrants, where as last year there were only 2 entrants for this event and I was 1 of them!!

Maybe remote play may help restore numbers to a degree, but costs for this have to be taken into account I actually agree, but they would have to be considered when the guidelines for play with the disabled take effect, and I do think that this might be a step forward. The reality is a lot of places even in 2014, are not disabled friendly, therefore a tournament organiser would have to find alternative supervised accommodation, thereby forcing costs up.They will have to comply with the new guidelines. That is the reality Mr Turner, not pie in the sky.

Messages In This Thread