Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuation of AGM - motion 1.2
Ian,

'I did. Point 2 of the Guidelines says ‘No one has the right to refuse to meet a disabled player against whom he has been correctly paired’ and they go on to mention in great detail conditions at the venue, so it seems reasonable to infer that the guidelines apply to players who are actually there. They make no reference to remote play, as you imply. If I choose not to play an unknown opponent via the internet, I do so for that reason, not because s/he is disabled. Disability doesn't come into it. I don't see how you can shoehorn remote online play into the FIDE guidelines.'

I have never said that you could. What I have said is that with a number of venues still not accessible to disabled players who may wish to play in competitions, but cannot physically attend, then this might well be a solution to the problem. I intend to discuss this idea within FIDE committee 'Chess for the Disabled' at our next meeting in Tromso this summer.

If this proposal is adopted it would show that chess is inclusive as Alex McFarlane points out. This is a great selling point .

Messages In This Thread