Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuation of AGM - motion 1.2
is it possible to put a few boards on the chess Scotland web site and play a few games out to start with? I don't think it would be feasible for this to work without good intentions and ground rules. I also think it would be entertaining to watch games on the chess Scotland website although there would have to have the players supervised by unbiased volunteers and isolated without microchips shoved down shoes (see what I did there). By definition, remote access would make it difficult for unpaid volunteers to traval to remote destinations.

Maybe it's time to step out of the box for a minute. Maybe specific online tournaments run by CHESS SCOTLAND using Internet software is a short time solution in order to gain experience by interested parties. I play Internet Chess and while it's thrill I would be very interested in playing in one run by and played by, Chess Scotland. It would also have the knock on effect in introducing new friends within our national border for a lot of people , including "up North" and in the islands

Messages In This Thread