Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Girls Championships - Location
I have to admit that I originally thought the Airdrie tournament was this year's CS Girl's Championship and it was this thread that brought to my attention that it was in fact being run by the SJC and the CS event would be held outside Montrose. I then presumed that this double event was a result of what appears to be the incessant feuding that has plagued the adults involved in junior chess, however, from this thread I'm pleased that does not seem to be the case here and there at least appears to be dialogue amongst the various paties and a modicum of respect between them of each others outlooks on junior chess.

I'll take my daughter along to Saturdays event as she enjoys the chance to mix with other female chess players and it also avoids the chance of her playing against her brother with resulting friction in the car home!
Providing the weather is not too bad I'll try and make it to Montrose and so allow her the opportunity to meet fellow female chess players from the North East. It is a shame that both these events are taking place so close together and during the winter when traveling conditions can be unpredicatable.

Messages In This Thread