Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plea to the CS Directors
I'll venture into this thread with a few observations/thoughts.

1. Don't underestimate the impact on this forum. There may be a relative small number of regular contributors, but in my experience postings diffuse more widely within the chess community than you would expect. As a corollary of this I think Directors should be encouraged to post.

2. E-mailing is a very good way of contacting Directors, you can be concise and thoughtful. The vast majority of the time there is no reason why a Director shouldn't respond in timely fashion (see below for clarification), four days is plenty as a guideline.

3. It is impossible to respond to some E-mails because of legal issues. There is no point sending an E-mail if it is impossible for the respondent to respond, think about what you actually want in reply before sending (controversial) E-mails.

4. 2014 is a very important year for Chess Scotland with the Commonwealth Championships and the Glorney, personally I would have thought those events need to take priority over Constitutional Reform. That said the AGM approved the setting up of a Committee on Constitutional Reform, there is really no reason not to get on with that and the prevarication is annoying people.

Matt

Messages In This Thread