Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plea to the CS Directors
StevieHilton Wrote:Andy,
Good Morning!!
I read your response to Derek with great interest.

I would remind you Andy that I spoke at the first part of the AGM about the need for reconciliation and I stated that Chess Scotland will not be able to go forward until reconciliation had taken. The President agreed with my thoughts on this.
However since the first part of the meeting, none of this has taken place. The board is heavily tilted in favour of the President's supporters. They have been intolerant of those who dare to disagree.
I would agree with you on one specific point. That is there are talented people not in a position within Chess Scotland. You mentioned Mick Hanley, but there are others who do a lot of work which reflects well on Chess in Scotland. I myself hold positions on two international bodies, the IBCA and FIDE. I would dearly love to give time to forward the cause of chess in Scotland, but lets face it there those who will never support me even though my international work reflects well on our country.

The current board has to look at itself , acknowledge past errors,and then perhaps we can move on. This would also apply to those of us who have disagreed in the past as well. Until that happens then I fear that CS will stagnate

Quite a lot here we both agree with. I don't know what happened in the past Steve but I think you are doing Scotland proud with your achievements in IBCA and FIDE.

The last paragraph is key and you touched on it. Everyone, regardless of what side they are on, needs to do this.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread