Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Scotland Event/ PVG
I'm not involved in regular training, though I’ve been wondering some of those things Ian raised myself.

Ian, the latest post from the PVG signatories relates to use of the certificate: “One misconception about PVG is to think that when someone has a certificate of membership they can use that everywhere, a bit like a passport or driving licence. The truth of the matter is that, each time someone applies to undertake regulated work for a different organisation a new form has to be completed and submitted before they can do regulated work; it is a very short form which only takes a few seconds to complete.”

This may relate to the responsibilities of the organisation rather than the individual!?

Patrick’s responses from the CS documents seem to relate to ‘regular work’ and ‘normal duties’. There’s something here about work when ‘standing in’ being unlikely to be normal duties <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/guidance/infoforindivid/chap2_regulatedwork/2_6_step_4_normalduties.html">http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/gui ... uties.html</a><!-- m --> that may mean occasional controller would be OK?

Wasn’t there also something about where the activity might only involve occasional contact (like for example an adult tournament where some children might enter), it was outside the scope of the PVG?

Some clarification might be helpful. While the Chess Scotland PVG policy may “ensure compliance with the law”, it seems that the CS requirements may exceed the legal ones!? If there are additional legal requirements on CS as an organisation, it might be helpful if those were explained and separated from the individual’s own responsibility. If there aren’t then is it right to cite ‘the law’ as justification for placing additional responsibilities (that are not legally necessary ) on members (particularly as communications re PVG matters on the board are always locked to any discussion)?

I might have it wrong - open to correction

Messages In This Thread