Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laws of Chess
Ianbrownlee Wrote:You say Chess Scotland cannot dictate this to every league and tournament and yet FIDE seems to be able to do so. Chess Scotland manage our grading system so they should have a say

Like we used the zero default rule and have have amended the phone rules in league chess. Yea we have followed what FIDE has sent us in the past...

The rules are split into the Rules of chess and tournament rules. Chess Scotland has to uphold the rules of chess. It is up to leagues and tournaments as to how they dictate the tournament rules. Not for Chess Scotland to dictate to them.

League chess - Mobiles are going to have to be accepted in my view.
Tournament chess - for me is down to the tournament organiser. I am not going to impose any draconian rules for any tournaments I am running. I can't see David doing it in his series of events either (not spoken to him so I may be wrong) Norm chasing FIDE events are different and we are probably going to have to toe the line with that.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread