Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laws of Chess
are these rules going to be implemented during the SNCL. It may affect teams fielding juniors who are bringing their parents as chaperones. I'm a bit concerned with where responsibility for juniors are concerned, parents, arbiters or Chess Scotland or whatever. This has to be completely transparent and made aware to club captains. Then, if the responsibility is taken from the parents, Liability and insurance come into play. I strongly suggest the logistics are thought out before the SNCL in particular as clubs from all over Scotland are coming to participate. Club officials are relying on parents traveling for potentially hours who then cannot enter the playing venue.
Does the SNCL have to offer playing secure facilities for valuables? Are the disabled going to be handicapped and therefore disenfranchised with Chess Scotland?

Finally, if the SNCL is not FIDE rated can we simply not choose to adopt these changes? Forgive me if I am focusing on the SNCL but I am bringing a junior to the event and I both need to know where I stand and whether the Junior's mother can or cannot attend. I don't expect anyone to sit in a car or wander arounf Dunfermline for a whole day

Messages In This Thread