Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens 2011-12
I believe the main point of team competition rules should be to ensure equality BETWEEN teams - a level playing field.

I understand Pat's point about ensuring competitive games for his team members but that has to be of secondary importance - it's not a function of the rules to ensure that, and just because none of his team 'abuse' the advantage this rule gives Hamilton (and possibly others) doesn't mean that it is fair or correct.

@ Andy Muir,
I apologise if I have over-stepped the mark regarding my dissatisfaction of your interpretation of these rules. I'm sure you have put a lot of work into running the Richardson/Spens etc and I appreciate being able to play these events. I do think, however, that you need to be careful about how these rules are interpreted and how they are communicated. I also forgive you for the 'Neil Farrell' comments aimed at me!

The board order rule should be very simple - play in grading order based on either the Published list or the Updated list. It's the most (only?!) accurate assessment of a player's playing strength and avoids any claims of jiggery-pokery!

Regards,
Andy

Messages In This Thread