Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens 2011-12
Thanks Dougie,

That's exactly the kind of reply I was looking for; helpful, constructive, informative - I somehow missed the last page or 2 of that discussion last year - my mistake.

@ Andy Muir,
Your 'guidance' on the board order issue is nothing more than your personal preference and not remotely what the rule states or implies. If you want to have an '80 point rule' in place then YOU should attempt to change the rule through the AGM.

@ Ken Stewart,
Small grading differences are NOT insignificant when it comes to board order in team matches. You may not be aware of the 'Hamilton' issue in the SNCL in recent years; 4 players within 80 points who played in a variety of board orders to suit whichever team/opponent they happened to be playing, whereas other teams (not so strong in depth) were stuck in an easy to predict order.
You already have flexibility within the wording of the rule - that is you can use either the Published list, or the updated Live list (if you feel the Published list is no longer indicative of true playing strength).

Now, to make this year's Richardson more farcical, there is a plan/suggestion to use staggered start-times for the final.
Players who can make the 1pm intended start will play normal time control, players who can't (and insist on the 2pm 'official' start time) will play a shorter time control against an opponent who may have been waiting an hour! In Scotland's premier team event?!

I strongly suggest that someone in CS who knows what they are doing takes over the organising of the finals quickly and sorts out this mess.

Andy Burnett

Messages In This Thread